A grandma’s face swelled, her vision blurred and her eyebrows were left looking like “two black slugs” after a nightmare trip to a beauty salon .
Jane Jeakings, 53, went to have her eyebrows tinted and waxed at the nail salon.
But she ended up in hospital – and is now taking 16 tablets of strong medication daily following a painful reaction.
Her vision is blurry due to the significant swelling on her face, which is leaking pus-like fluid four days after the procedure.
The salon, Nails Tech in Bristol, said it will no longer carry out eyebrow tinting or waxing, the Daily Record reports.
Mrs Jeakings, a grandmother-of-four, warned others about the dangers of undergoing beauty treatments before having performed research and looked into the provider.
She said: “The pain is horrendous and I felt like my face was blowing off.
“I’m not normally the sort of person who makes a fuss but it got worse and worse with each day. I’m devastated.
“My whole face is very sore and my vision is blurred because of the swelling.
“It’s too early to know whether my eyebrows will ever grow back but I’ll just have to wear glasses when I go out.”
On a daily basis, Mrs Jeakings is taking six steroid tablets, four antibiotics, four antihistamines and cocadamol to cope with the pain.
She is considering legal action.
Daughter Vicky Tucker, 29, slammed the salon.
She said: “They weren’t qualified to do this. Her face has now ballooned and we had to get the paramedics out as her eyebrow was burnt off while her face is puffing really badly.
“It’s like two black slugs on her eyebrows. The salon said to keep it on for an hour but this was the wrong advice, and it should have only been left on for five-10 minutes max and never put on straightaway.
“I did some research which suggested that they shouldn’t even tint after a wax as the follicles will be open.
“I want this to be a warning to others – do your research on the people you are going to, don’t go to a nail salon but a proper beauty therapist.”
Dung Nguyen, from the salon, has apologised online, describing it as a “terrible accident”.
Dung said: “I read your post and really apologize for what happened to your mother. We didn’t intentionally & didn’t expect it to happen.
“It was a terrible accident.
“I have working for many years and rarely have skin allergies with clients, sad to know this.
“I didn’t know she had sensitive skin & she didn’t tell us about that. But I sincerely apologize.
“I would like to be able to visit her and help her in our capacity if that’s alright for u.
“Hope u will reply soon!
“I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.”