Readers vote via clicks of a mouse; to us, the annual list of most-viewed WaPo Food recipes online provides a valuable snapshot of what folks are really cooking. Happy New Year, and keep up the good work.
3. Horseradish Sauce. The only accompaniment for prime rib. You don’t even have to grate your own horseradish root for this one.
5. Anthony Bourdain’s Boeuf Bourguignon. Perenially popular!
7. Extremely Slow-Roasted Turkey Breast. Every year, Thanksgiving cooks thank us for it.
8. Slow-Roasted Beef. Foolproof — and we mean it.
10. Kale and Chickpea Stew. A vegan #DinnerInMinutes that has shown up on this list since 2012.
11. Easy Skillet Braised Chicken With White Wine, Fennel and Pancetta. A one-pan meal from “The Food Lab” with lots of flavor.
15. Soul Food Macaroni and Cheese. Historian Michael Twitty shares his mother’s ultra-cheesy, go-to holiday side dish.
18. Maggie Austin’s Apple Bread. A moist and fragrant winner, this is a family recipe from premier wedding cake artist Maggie Austin LaBaugh.
19. Spaghetti Squash With Ground Turkey and Tomato Sauce. No pasta in this healthful dish from health education specialist Elaine Gordon, but you won’t miss it.